How to Apply
2016-2017 Resident Applicants:
The Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology accepts residency applications through ERAS, the Electronic Application. The only documentation that will be considered is that submitted through ERAS. We will begin reviewing applications starting on Monday, September 12, with the deadline for complete applications being Friday, November 4, 2016.
1. Three letters of recommendation (not including the Dean’s letter). One of the three letters should be from the chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology of your medical school.
2. Medical School Transcripts
3. Personal Statement
4. USMLE scores are over 200 and have passed on the first attempt.
5. Date of Medical School Graduation to be no more than 5 years ago.
6. Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- ECFMG certification at the time of application is required.
- Have successfully completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
- We only sponsor J1 Visa’s
7. I-9 documents are required to be signed with each appointment or reappointment.
- September 12 to November 5 – Application review
October 3 – Invitations to interview extended. If you wish to have your application reviewed for consideration, it must be received by the start of business (9 AM – EST) by October 1.
October 1 to October 31 – Applications received or completed during the month of October will be reviewed and considered for waitlist status only.
November 1 – Application process closed; no consideration will be given to applications received after the deadline.
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- Tuesday, November 22, 2016
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016
- Tuesday, December 20, 2016
The night before your interview you will be invited to meet with several of our residents during of “Meet and Mingle”.This is an opportunity for the candidates to meet with the residents and discuss our program and any questions you many have.