How to Apply
2017-2018 Resident Applicants:
The Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology accepts residency applications through ERAS, the Electronic Application. The only documentation that will be considered is that submitted through ERAS. We will begin reviewing applications starting on Friday, September 15, with the deadline for complete applications being Thursday November 30, 2017.
1. Three letters of recommendation (not including the Dean's letter). One of the three letters should be from the chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology of your medical school.
2. Medical School Transcripts
3. Personal Statement
4. USMLE scores are over 200 and have passed on the first attempt.
5. Date of Medical School Graduation to be no more than 5 years ago.
6. Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- ECFMG certification at the time of application is required.
- Have successfully completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
- We only sponsor J1 Visa's
7. I-9 documents are required to be signed with each appointment or reappointment.
- September 15 to December 1 – Application review
October 3 – Invitations to interview extended. If you wish to have your application reviewed for consideration, it must be received by the start of business (9 AM – EST) by October 1.
October 1 to October 31 – Applications received or completed during the month of October will be reviewed and considered for waitlist status only.
November 1 – Application process closed; no consideration will be given to applications received after the deadline.
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Tuesday, November 07, 2017
- Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017
The night before your interview you will be invited to meet with several of our residents during of "Meet and Mingle".This is an opportunity for the candidates to meet with the residents and discuss our program and any questions you many have.