The WSU WRHR Career Development Center is seeking aspiring physician scientists interested in becoming leaders in women’s health research.
Candidates for support as WRHR Scholars must:
- be a physician holding the MD, MD/PhD, or DO degree;
- have completed postgraduate residency training in obstetrics-gynecology;
- if the candidate has chosen to subspecialize, be in the final research year of clinical fellowship training;
- identify an approved mentor or mentors with extensive research experience;
- be able to devote at least 9 person months (equivalent to 75 percent) of full-time professional effort conducting research and research career development;
- not be or have been a PI or co-PI on an R01, R29, K-series, or other large NIHaward. However, candidates who have served as a PI of an R03 or R21 award are eligible.
- be a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent resident. Individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible.