Danita Akingba, M.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor and Clerkship Director
Danita Akingba, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Clinical Educator (full time)
Board Certifications: ABOG OB/GYN and FPMRS
Affiliations: DMC, Harper-Hutzel Hospital
SpecialtiesChronic pelvic pain, Female Urinary incontinence, Interstitial Cystitis, Intravesical Botox, Pelvic organ prolapse, Sacral Neuromodulation, Skene’s gland cyst, Urodynamics, Vesicovaginal Fistula.
Awards and Honors
- 1997 - Fogarty International Research Fellowship, University of Maryland Medical School
- 1992 - Howard Hughes Research Fellowship, U. C. Santa Cruz
- 1990 - Transfer Merit Scholarship, Goucher College
- 1989 - Academic Achievement Award, Pentecostal Churches of the Apostolic Faith
- 1988 - Presidential Achievement Award, Western High School, Baltimore, MD
UndergraduateBachelor of Arts, Biology, Goucher College, Towson, Maryland - 1989-1993
Master of Arts, Cell, Genetics and Molecular Biology, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland - 1994-1996
University of Maryland, Baltimore
1996 - 2000
Obstetrics and Gynecology, UCLA Medical Center
Los Angeles, California
Fellowship in Urogynecology, Johns Hopkins/Greater Baltimore Medical Center
Baltimore, Maryland - 2004 – 2007
Membership in Professional Societies:
- Fellow- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologist
- American Urogynecology Society
- International Urogynecology Society
- International Continence Society
- Indianapolis Medical Society
- Akingba DH, Deniseiko-Sanses TV, Melick CF, Ellerkmann RM, Matsuo K. Outcomes of hysterectomies performed by supervised residents vs those performed by attendings alone. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Dec;199(6):673.e1-6. PMID: 19084099.
- Akingba DH, Brent AE. Erosion of epiurethral suprapubic vaginal suspension tape (Sexton Ring) into the bladder after 22 years. J Pelvic Med Surg 2006; 12(1):31-34.
- Akingba, D. H. Transabdominal Paravaginal Repair. Female Urology, Third Edition. Drs.Raz and Rodriguez (Editors). Chapter 62. 2008
Areas of Specialization:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Female urinary incontinence
- Interstitial cystitis
- Intravesical Botox
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Sacral Neuromodulation
- Skene’s glad cyst
- Vesicovaginal Fistula