Sanjay Patwardhan, M.D.
Sanjay Patwardhan, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Clinical Educator (full time)
Sanjay C Patwardhan, M.D. joined the Maternal Fetal Medicine faculty in 2016 and is an Assistant Professor. Dr. Patwardhan currently sees High risk obstetrics patients in office and inpatient. He is also actively involved in resident, fellow and medical student education, mentoring, and recruiting. Dr. Patwardhan's clinical and research interests include the screening and treatment of preeclampsia, 3D/4D fetal ultrasound imaging, preterm labor and cervical insufficiency.
Awards and Honors
- 2013 - present Reviewer, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 2011 - Member of Review Board, Indian Journal of Medical Research
- 2008-2010 - Honorary Clinical Lecturer, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 2008 - Inclusion on Specialist Register of OBGYN physicians, United Kingdom
- 2007 - Resident coordinator – Birmingham Women’s Hospital, United Kingdom
- 2002 - Best House Surgeon Staff – Royal London Hospital and NHS Trust
- 1999 - MD with honors – University of Mumbai
- 7/01/2013 – 7/10/2016 Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina
- 6/22/2009 – 6/30/2013 Internship and Residency, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Crozer Chester Medical Center, Upland, Pennsylvania
- March 2005 Member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (MRCOG) Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, London, United Kingdom
- 6/1996 – 6/1999 Doctor of Medicine (M.D. with Honors), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lokmanya Tilak Medical College, University of Mumbai, India
- January 1996 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S), Grant Medical College, University of Mumbai, India
- Early onset severe preeclampsia
- Screening for preeclampsia
- Preterm labor and cervical insufficiency
- 3D/4D fetal ultrasound imaging
- Gray J, Patwardhan SC, Martin W. Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus screening in obstetrics: A review. J Hosp Infect. 2010 Jun;75(2):89-92. PMID: 20381905.
- Nawathe A, Patwardhan S, Yates D, Harrison GR, Khan KS. Systematic review of the effects of aromatase inhibitors on pain associated with endometriosis. BJOG. 2008 Jun;115(7):818-22. Review. Erratum in BJOG. 2008 Jul;115(8):1069. PMID: 18485158
- Aslam N, Harrison G, Khan K, Patwardhan S. Visceral hyperalgesia in chronic pelvic pain. BJOB 2009 Nov;116(2):1551-5. PMID: 19681848
- Patwardhan S, Arunkalaivanan AS. Urogynaecology: An ambulatory approach. Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2007 Aug;68(8):414-7. PMID: 17847683
- Dadi H, Patwardhan SC, Ikomi A, Ojutiju D. Self-induction of labor using misoprostol: an unusual case of uterine hyperstimulation. BJOG. 2004; 111(9):1018-9. PMID: 15327621
- Sivarajan S, Roy M, Patwardhan S, Steele J, Sanghi A. A primitive neuroectodermal tumour of retroperitoneum treated with chemotherapy in pregnancy: case report and review of literature. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2004 Aug;24(5): 598-9. PMID: 15369961
- Janmohamed F, Halpin L, Patwardhan S. Clinical audit made easy. Student BMJ 2006; 14:20-2.
- Halpin L, Janmohamed F, Patwardhan S. Things you should really know - Bird Flu (2006). Student BMJ 2006;14:133–76.
Membership in Professional Societies:
- Fellow- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologist
- Associate Member – Society for Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Member – Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, UK
- General Medical Council, UK