Emeritus Director of The C.S. Mott Center for Human Growth and Development and Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Ob/Gyn and Emeritus Dean, SOM
Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Ob/Gyn and Emeritus Dean, SOM (retired)
Long-term neurobehavioral sequelae of perinatal risks, including alcohol (FAS, ARBD & ARND), cocaine, tobacco and other exposures; prevention strategies; lupus; HPV and Neoplasia; fetal growth; computer applications in perinatal medicine; medical education. Techniques and Methods: Perinatal database design and management; prenatal maternal recruitment and interviewing; management of long-term longitudinal developmental follow up studies (now out to 19 years); multivariate statistical modeling and analysis; interdisciplinary.
- Chiodo L, Sokol RJ, Delaney-Black V, Janisse J, Hannigan JH. Validity of the T-ACE in pregnancy in predicting risk drinking and child outcomes. Alcohol 44:595-603, 2010.
- Anderson B, Dang E, Floyd RL, Sokol R, Mahoney J, Schulkin J. Knowledge, opinions, and practice patterns of obstetrician-gynecologists regarding their patients use of alcohol. J. Addict. Med. 4(2):114-121, 2010.
- Delaney-Black V, Chiodo L, Hannigan JH, Greenwald M, Janisse J, Patterson G, Huestis M, Partridge R, Ager J, Sokol R. Prenatal and postnatal cocaine exposure predict teen cocaine use. Neurotoxicol. Teratol. 33(1):110-119, 2011.
- Mehta S, Kruger M and Sokol R. Is maternal diabetes a risk factor for childhood obesity? J. Matern. Fetal. Neonatal Med. 25(1):41-44, 2012.
- Kerver JM, Elliott MR, Norman GS, Sokol RJ, Keating DP, Copeland GE, Johnson CC, Cislo KK, Alcser KH, Kruger-Ndiaye SR, Pennell BE, Mehta S, Joseph CL, Paneth N; MANCS Executive Committee. Pregnancy recruitment for population research: The National Children's Study Vanguard Experience in Wayne County, Michigan. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology 2013 May;27(3):303-311. doi: 10.1111/ ppe.12047