Associate Professor and Director, Applied Genomics Technology Center
Associate Professor, Research (full time)
Director. Fluidigm Corporation, Single Cell Biology Seminar, The CS Mott Center for Human Growth and Development.
The Applied Genomics Technology Center (AGTC) is a state-of-the-art facility encompassing a wide range of genomic technologies and the expertise and track record to work with research scientists and physicians. Services include DNA isolation, DNA sequencing, next generation sequencing, genotyping, RNA isolation, and expression analysis. The facility has both low throughput and high throughput technologies to accommodate investigators’ needs, e.g. expression analysis options include: Applied Biosystems TagMan assays, Illumina BeadArrays, Affymetrix GeneChips, and digital gene expression on the Illumina Genome Analyzer IIx.
- Van Dyke, AL, Cote ML, Wenzlaff AS, Land S, Schwartz, AG Cytokine SNPs: Comparison of allele frequencies by race and implications for future studies. Cytokine 46(2):236-244, 2009. PMID: 19356949
- Cote ML, Yoo W, Wenzlaff AS, Prysak GM, Santer SK, Claeys GB, Van Dyke AL, Land SJ, Schwartz AG. Tobacco and estrogen metabolic polymorphisms and risk of non-small cell lung cancer in women. Carcinogenesis 30(4):626-635, 2009. PMID: 19174490
- Schwartz AG, Wenzlaff AS, Bock CH, Ruterbusch JJ, Chen W, Cote ML, Artis A, Van Dyke AL, Land S, Harris CC, Pine S, Spitz M, Amos CI, Levin AM, McKeigue P. Admixture Mapping of Lung Cancer in 1,812 African Americans. Carcinogenesis. 32(3):312-317 (2011) PMID: 21115650
- Powell IJ, Dyson G, Land S, Ruterbusch J, Bock CH, Lenk S, Herawi M, Everson R, Giroux CN, Schwartz AG, Bollig-Fischer A. Genes associated with prostate cancer are differentially expressed in african american and European american men. Cancer EpidemiolBiomarkersPrev. 2013 May;22(5):891-7. Epub 2013 Mar 20. PMID: 23515145
- Spitz MR, Amos CI, Land S, Wu X, Dong Q, Wenzlaff AS, Schwartz AG. Role of selected genetic variants in lung cancer risk in African Americans. J Thorac Oncol. 2013 Apr;8(4):391-7. PMID: 23454887