How to Apply
The Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology accepts residency applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The only documentation that will be considered is that which is submitted through ERAS. Applicants may begin to submit applications effective Tuesday, September 1, 2020 with the deadline for complete applications being Sunday, November 1, 2020. We will begin reviewing applications starting on Monday, October 26, 2020. Application process is closed, no consideration will be given to applications received after the deadline (November1, 2020).
1. Three letters of recommendation (not including the Dean's letter). One of the three letters should be from the chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology of your medical school.
2. Medical School Transcripts
3. Personal Statement
4. USMLE scores above 210; COMLEX scores above 550; and have passed on the first attempt.
5. Date of Medical School Graduation to be no more than 5 years ago.
6. Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada must either:
- Have ECFMG Certification at the time of application, or
- Have successfully completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
- We only sponsor J1 Visas
7. I-9 documents are required to be signed with each appointment or reappointment.
- October 26th to November 10th – Application review
- November 10th and 17th – Invitations to interview extended.
Due to Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted virtually
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020
- Tuesday, December 01, 2020
- Tuesday, December 08, 2020
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020
- Tuesday, December 22, 2020
- Tuesday, January 05, 2021
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021